Sunday, June 28, 2009

Zoe and Eric on the Erie Canal


I just have to tell you how proud I am of Zoe and Eric for coming this far on the trip. It's not easy being in such close proximity to your family 24/7. Yes, we have separate tents and separate bikes, and we all try to keep our distance when one needs it. I'm just so glad we could all share this great experience. I don't think it will become clear until the days and weeks ahead when we look back on it and all that mattered was getting yourself up and on the bike for another day of the unknown. That's what I love about bike trips. And now that we're in the mountains, it will be a challenge for us all, physically and mentally. I was very happy to hear both of them mention to me their desire to lead their own bike trip. I'm sure they'll do it differently, but will take with them the knowledge of this trip as a send-off for future adventures of their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment