Sunday, June 28, 2009

Pittsford to Fair Haven State Park, NY

Steve, Eric and I rode 76 miles, a long day of riding, probably 20 miles longer than I wanted to go, and wouldn't you know it, the hills were at the end. Zoe got us a campsite at Fair Haven State Park, and Steve and I didn't get in until 7 p.m., because of a 1 1/2 hour rain delay in the middle of the day... showered, ate something and in bed by 10:00. Pretty tuckered out..

This is a picture the next morning, Zoe, Steve and I biking from Fair Haven State Park to Selkirk State Park near Pulaski. Lucky for us it was only a 52 mile day... The hills they are a coming...

Sunday, June 28th, our 20th day on the road. I drove this day, hit the laundromat and grocery store. The weather channel at the laundromat was painting a pretty grim picture for the evening, so I checked out a hotel in Boonville, and this is where I am writing this. we're pretty much the only ones here. Pretty sweet. The route was gorgeous, it was 54 miles, and lots of climbing. I'm hoping to be on my bike earlier than we have been, because it's going to be a 65-mile day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment