Monday, April 20, 2009

Getting Ready - April 20th, 2009

Hi Everyone,

I have counted on my calendar, and it is 41 days until the 1st of June, the week we are leaving on our big bike adventure across America. The family has done a little riding in preparation and is planning a shakedown camping and bike weekend to Devil's Lake in May. Some new bikes and a tent have been purchased, and planning is well underway. Housesitters are secure, and it's all systems go.

Everyone has been so enthusiastic about our trip, and it still feels very surreal to me. Everyday life is so busy, it's hard to believe we'll be leaving it for a while.

More later,

Trudi

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've already added your blog to my "favorites" section so that I can vicariously pedal along with you (from the comfort of a soft chair, of course!). Be careful of the 4Hs: heat, humidity, hills, and HEADWINDS!! It will be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck!!! I'll be following along as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to your stop in Minnesota...beds are ready....wine in the cellar...cookies in the freezer....see U in June/July....hope our lakes are thawed by then....

    ReplyDelete